Why I Give
- 98 % of HRA clients have incomes at or below poverty levels, low enough to qualify for Medicaid.
- HRA operates at 5% administration costs, with 95 cents of every dollar directed to care of HRA clients.
- HRA provides care for:
- All ages
- All Ethnicities and genders
- All disabling conditions, physical and intellectual such as: Cerebral palsy, autism, spinal cord injury, developmental delay, Down Syndrome, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Diabetes, Quadriplegia and spina bifida are the most common diagnosis.
- Helping Restore Ability serves 1000+ clients, providing more than 1.5 million hours of care last year alone.
- For every $1,000 donated, HRA can initiate services for an individual with a disability. Because the condition is typically permanent, a client may receive services for years, often for the remainder of his or her life. The estimated average value of the lifetime of services for HRA clients is $650,000 per client. The $1,000 initial per client out of pocket cost is not reimbursable to HRA and must be raised from funds provided by generous individual donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention makes a startling claim: “Today, about 50 million Americans, or one in five people, are living with at least one disability, and most Americans will experience a disability some time during the course of their lives. Anyone can have a disability.” Factor in accelerated Baby Boomer aging, and the result is a sharp increase in the need for services to care for people – services that offer independence, freedom, and dignity.
How your donation helps
A donation of $50 provides a full day of support for an adult with Alzheimer’s Disease, $250 provides care for a child with Spina Bifida for a full week, $500 provides two weeks of care for a child with Cerebral Palsy, and a gift of $1,000 would allow Helping Restore Ability to enroll a disabled child or adult in a lifetime of services valued at an average of $650,000 per client.
Additional ways to support us
Helping Restore Ability is proud to be featured in the Greatest Gift Catalog ever again this year! This wonderful publication features non-profit organizations from around the metroplex. Support HRA by DONATING through the catalog this holiday season.
Our annual Fashion show and dinner will take place on Saturday, May 19, 2018! There will be a silent auction, seated dinner, and fashion show featuring our clients and special guests, all held at Park Place Motors – Mercedes Benz Dealership in Arlington. Sponsorship opportunities are now available! HuRrAh 2018 Sponsorship
Use this bar code to register your Kroger Plus Card to support Helping Restore Ability. Every time you shop a percentage of your purchase total will go to HRA as a donation.
You can also register your Tom Thumb Rewards card to support Helping Restore Ability with every purchase! Just ask your cashier to link your card to Helping Restore Ability.
Shop for a gift through Slickdeals! Follow this link to select Helping Restore Ability as the organization that will be supported through your purchase.
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to Helping Restore Ability when you designate it as your charity of choice.
Consider making ReCept Pharmacy your home for prescriptions
Support Helping Restore Ability by using our partner pharmacy. ReCept Pharmacy accepts all forms of insurance (including Tricare), and offers free delivery and courier service, as well as an individual consultation with the pharmacist to offer advice to each individual patient.
*Be sure to indicate that you are affiliated with Helping Restore Ability when speaking with or visiting the ReCept Pharmacy in your area.
Visit their website
HighPoint Pharmacy |817-466-3607| 817-466-3608 | 800 W. Arbrook , Suite 140 * Arlington, Texas 76015 | Hours: M-F 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Closed Sat & Sun
Other Ways To Help
Fundraising and special events
[rescue_button colorhex=”#c42467″ url=”_blank” title=”Visit Site” target=”blank” class=”left” border_radius=”3px”]Donate[/rescue_button]