- $10 minimum pay
- Paid Time Off
- Free Healthcare Insurance (paid upgrades available)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Free Short Term Disability Coverage
- Free Life Insurance
- Education Scholarships
- Free Financial Management Coaching
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Career Growth Opportunities
Personal Care Attendant, Arlington
Base Pay: $10.00 / Hour
Primary function is to provide personal attendant services and work cooperatively with the client. Share observations and problems with his/her supervisor. Works under the direction of the Client and Attendant Supervisor.
- Provides general housekeeping activities for the client/consumer, as directed by the Plan of Care.
- Provides direct care to client/consumer under the direction of the Attendant Supervisor and the Plan of Care.
- Assists the client with safe transfers and ambulation per agency policy.
- Reports changes in client condition and documents pertinent information and care rendered to client/consumer on timesheets, incident reports, etc. Reports observations of abuse, neglect or exploitation to supervisor immediately.
- Practices accepted infection control principles.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for the client as far as is possible within the constraints of the client’s home and resources.
- Promotes positive, supportive, respectful communication to client/consumer, family, and other employees.
- Promotes respect for client’s privacy and property.
- Assists the client with proper nutrition and adequate fluid intake, as needed.
- Demonstrates core values: Provide flexible services, based on client preferences; Be compassionate, reliable and trustworthy; Goes the extra mile for the clients served; takes ownership of responsibilities, makes good first impressions.
- Reports to work as scheduled and reports planned absences at least two weeks in advance.
- Calls or has his/her representative report emergency absences to Attendant Manager prior to scheduled shift.
- Attend annual training meeting and complete required assigned training modules.
Education: Prefer High school diploma/GED or Competency test with two (2) verifiable references.
Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively with assigned client/consumer.
Licensure: Pass checks of criminal background, Employee Misconduct Registry and OIG Medicaid Exclusion list.
Experience: One year supervised personal care attendant experience or providing similar services to individual(s) with disabilities.
Other: Must be at least 18 years old.
Transportation: Reliable transportation. Valid and current driver’s license and auto liability insurance is required, if position requires transportation.