What does HRA do?

1) CDS (Consumer Directed Services) is a fiscal intermediary service to participants of the PHC, CBA, Texas Home Living, HCS, CLASS, Star Plus/Star Kids, and DBMD programs in Texas. For referral & additional CDS info, contact your case manager.
2) PAS (Personal Attendant Services) is an option for children & adults with disabilities throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. The program allows Helping Restore Ability to hire and supervise employees that provide personal care within the home. Referrals are received through HHSC case managers.
3) Our Home Health Department provides skilled nursing, therapies, and other medical services.

Where is the HRA office located?

4300 Beltway Place, Suite 130
Arlington, TX 76018
Phone: (817) 469-1977
Fax: (817) 461-2334

Is HRA nationwide?

No. HRA serves Dallas, Tarrant and surrounding counties (Collin, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall & Wise) – eleven (11) in all. HOWEVER, the “voucher payment option” program (formerly called “VFI” and now called Consumer Directed Services “CDS”) is available through HRA to participants of the PHC, Star Plus, CLASS, HCS, Texas Home Living, and Star Kids programs throughout the state of Texas.

Why does it take so long to get off the interest list?

Services are based on funding received from TXDHS (Texas Dept. of Human Services) and donations from the communities we serve. Our funding is limited, but we serve as many people as we can with the dollars we receive each year.

Does HRA accept Medicaid / Medicare?

HRA accepts Medicaid, but does not accept Medicare.

How long has HRA been around?

HRA has been providing services for over 40 years.

What happens if my PAS attendant calls in sick?

With the agency option, HRA is responsible to provide a fill-in care provider whenever an attendant fails to report for a shift; whether due to sickness, a scheduled/requested day off or they simply did not show up. In the rare cases of the attendant not showing up for a scheduled shift with the client, we ask for the client to notify us right away so we can get a fill-in provider to the home.

How do I qualify for Home Health?

1) You must be under the care of a physician. We must have a doctor’s order to provide home health.
2) The care must be reasonable & necessary
3) The care must be intermittent
4) You must require a skilled need (see below – “What does the nurse do?”).
5) You must be homebound if service is reimbursed by Medicare or Medicaid. Most (but not all) insurances require you to be homebound – that will be verified on an individual basis.

What Home Health services do you provide?

Skilled nursing (SN), physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), speech therapy (ST), medical social worker (MSW), home health aide (HHA).

What does "homebound" mean?

The patient is homebound if he/she experiences a normal inability to leave home. This means the patient’s physical condition and/or physical limitations are such that it would be a considerable and taxing effort to leave home. If you are driving, you are not homebound.

How long will my Home Health services last?

This will vary with each patient, based on medical condition and needs.

Can I receive just a home health aide?

No. Home health aide visits can only be performed when a skilled service is provided by skilled nursing (SN), physical therapy (PT), speech therapy (ST), or occupational therapy (OT).

What does the nurse do?

The skilled service may be direct care, teaching, or supervision of care. Examples of skilled nursing care needs:
– unstable medical conditions
– changes in medical regimen
– changes in physical status (i.e. infected wound)
– new diagnosis requiring observation, education and/or treatment
– new or changed medication
– exacerbation of disease process
– wound care
– ostomy care
– catheterization needs

Working together to help Texans with disabilities live with independence.

Affiliations & Awards

image image image image image